BWF Coach Level 2
Who is it for?
The course is designed for those coaches who have a significant amount of experience as a level 1 coach, and wish to work with provincial and national squad level players.
- Have previously completed a BWF Level 1.
- Be an affiliated Badminton Ireland member.
- Have Child Safeguarding, and Garda Vetting through Badminton Ireland.
Delivery & resources:
The material for the course will be given to candidates in electronic format via memory stick. The resources will be similar to the level 1 but focus more in the following areas: Coaching principles: ‘how to coach’ in terms of coaching techniques, and ‘what to coach’ referring to technical, tactical and physical elements with underpinning scientific principles and knowledge.
- Find a suitable date and location on the Coaching Calendar
- Please click here to download and send the application form
- Make payment to confirm place (click pay now to view membership discounts)
Payment options: bank details for tranfer linked here, online click pay now, cheques payable to 'Badminton Ireland'
What does it qualify me to do?
The course will prepare coaches for planning and delivery of annual training and competition programmes for individual badminton players. This a is a minimum requirement to apply to be part of the Badminton Ireland National coaching team.
Outcomes and assessment:
Candidates must be able to construct and deliver annual training and competition plans, individual training plans and programmes underpinned by sports science principles. The course aims to produce effective managers of groups of players up to elite performance level. All work must be completed and submitted to Badminton Ireland within 6 months of completing the contact hours of the course.