The coach licencing scheme provides coaches with insurance and ensures they are meeting proper legal requirements in terms of garda vetting, child protection, and professional qualifications.
- Professional indemnity insurance up to €1m*
- Reduced cost for Member's Forum and CPD Courses.
- Free access to Teicnic Badminton.
- Opportunities to gain paid coaching work.
- Optional inclusion in the Coaches Directory.
- Free update courses to the latest qualifications.
*In addition to 5 million public liability for affiliation.
Cost & Application
A year's subscription costs €50. Coaches must renew every 12 months in line with affiliations.
You must provide an application form, up to date child protection certificate and have valid Garda Vetting (through Badminton Ireland to be accepted on the Coaches Licence).
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Courses
Going Into the 2016/2017 season 30 CPD points per year will be required to remain a registered coach. The CPD award system will be launched during the 2016 coaches conference. The following courses count for CPD points:
- BI/Branch Support
- The Teicnic programme
- BI Coach Education Qualifications
- Irish Sports Council/Sport NI coach development courses
- Relevant FETAC Courses/LSP Courses
- First Aid
- Practical coaching hours with a squad or club
What is FETAC?