The coach licence scheme provides coaches with insurance and ensures they are meeting proper legal requirements in terms of Garda Vetting, Child Protection, and professional coaching qualifications.
- Professional indemnity insurance up to €1m*
- Reduced cost for Member's Forum and CPD Courses.
- Free access to Teicnic Badminton.
- Opportunities to gain paid coaching work.
- Optional inclusion in the Coaches Directory.
- Free update courses to the latest qualifications.
- Option to be involved in the Coach Mentoring Programme.
- Option to tutor the Teicnic Badminton Programme.
*In addition to 6.5 million public liability for affiliation.
Cost & Requirements
A year's subscription costs €50. Coaches must renew every 12 months in line with affiliations.
For your coaches licence to be deemed active/listed on the website the following requirements MUST be met:
- Have an active Badminton Ireland membership.
- Copy of most recent Level 1 or higher Child Protection Course sent (Send to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Have active Garda Vetting through Badminton Ireland and/or Access NI through Ulster Badminton (Click here for information).
- Have completed a Level 1 Coaching Qualification or higher.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Courses
Going Into the 2016/2017 season 30 CPD points per year will be required to remain a registered coach. The CPD award system will be launched during the 2016 coaches conference. The following courses count for CPD points:
- BI/Branch Support
- The Teicnic programme
- BI Coach Education Qualifications
- Irish Sports Council/Sport NI coach development courses
- Relevant FETAC Courses/LSP Courses
- First Aid
- Practical coaching hours with a squad or club
What is FETAC?