This is the Badminton Ireland job opportunities page; here you can find all the latest badminton job opportunities in Ireland/Europe. If you’re a club and need a coach, advertise here for free!
Co-Opted Directors with Legal, IT, Commercial and Fundraising experience
Badminton Ireland (www.Badmintonireland.com) is the National Governing Body for badminton for the 32 counties in Ireland. We work with the four Branches of Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster, along with external stakeholders including Sport Ireland, Sport NI, Olympic Council of Ireland, Irish Institute of Sport, Coaching Ireland, Federation of Irish Sports and the Local Sports Partnership network.
Badminton has been an Olympic sport since 1992, and we're proud of our Olympians – Sonya McGinn, Scott Evans and Chloe Magee. Badminton has been chosen as a Paralympic sport for the 2020 Olympics, and we are looking forward to having representatives qualify for the games.
The Director Role
The Board is responsible for the governance of Badminton in Ireland ensuring the delivery of our Mission, Core Values and Strategic. As a Director, you have input into our strategy and will contribute with insight and experience at meetings.
What we need from You
Badminton Ireland seeks to form a panel of experienced candidates from which co-opted Board members can be selected to join our Board. Badminton Ireland has currently up to 3 additional co-opted vacancies on our Board, and we wish to fill them with some of the following skills sets:
- ICT and Project Management
- Legal experience, especially with a focus on sport or charity law
- Sponsorship and commercial experience
- Funding, grants, and fundraising.
- And all must have a passion Sport and be familiar with the voluntary/not for profit sector.
- What You Can Expect from Us
As a Badminton Ireland Director, you can expect:
• Induction and training when you join the Board
• Opportunities to make strategic decisions & develop new skills
• Influence and shape Badminton Ireland's position in the Not-For-Profit Sector and its direction moving forward
• The chance to improve the health & wellbeing of people in Ireland
• Opportunity to help strengthen the Irish Not-for-Profit sector resulting in stronger, healthier communities
The Board meets six times per year. At the moment we meet by Zoom. Once we can meet face-to-face again, we meet in the Badminton Ireland offices on the National Sports Campus, Dublin 15. Co-opted Directors are co-opted for a one-year term and shall not serve for more than four (4) consecutive terms.
The application should be made electronically, quoting Ref: Co-Opted Directors, to the Chief Executive Officer via email@example.com. Please enclose your CV with a comprehensive covering letter detailing your experience and ability to fulfil the role. Applications will only be accepted up to 30th November 2020.