The Badminton Ireland Coaches Licence scheme ensures that all coaches are meeting the necessary legal requirements in terms of Garda Vetting, Child Protection and hold professional coaching qualifications. The licence should be renewed each year and falls in line with the affiliation window. Badminton Ireland wishes to maintain and build on the high standard of coaching already present, and the Coaches Licence system helps to achieve this.
The requirements for a Coaches Licence to be active are as follows:
- Have an active Badminton Ireland membership.
- Have paid the €50 Licence Fee.
- Hold active Garda Vetting through Badminton Ireland and/or Access NI through Ulster Badminton (Renewal required every three years).
- Have sent Badminton Ireland your most up to date Child Safeguarding Certificate (Refresh required every three years).
- Hold a Level 1 coaching qualification or higher.
For the Coaches Licence Application form click on this link.
You can make payment for the Coaches Licence on the PayPal link below or by Bank Transfer, referencing your name.
The fee of €50 will cover a number of benefits, including being listed on the coaches licence on our website, which we direct people to when recommending coaches.
Click on this link for the full list of benefits of the Coach Licence or for more information.
If you are unsure whether or not a coach holds a Badminton Ireland coaches licence, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01 839 3028.