CoronaVirus - Phishing Email
Wednesday 18 March 2020
Please be aware there has been a significant spike in Coronavirus Phishing emails recently.
The Department of Justice has provided some detailed information on the subject below.
· Do not click on links in unsolicited emails.
· Do not give out any personal details if requested to do so via email.
· Be careful of emails requesting you to verify your login details. IT will never ask you to do this over email.
· If you have given out personal details including your password, please change your password immediately and inform the service desk.
· Always double check requests for sensitive information or the transfer of funds
· Do not click on links or attachments from senders that you do not recognise. Be especially wary of compressed or executable file types
· Watch for email senders that use suspicious or misleading domain names
If you have any concerns regarding the authenticity of an email that you receive you should contact Badminton Ireland's National Governance Officer, Conor Fadian on email@example.com or by phone on 086 0288 555.