Starting A Club - Step 9 & 10
Start to plan for the longer term success of the club
Here are a few tips to ensure a healthy club and maintain sustainability:
- Promote and attract new members
- Encourage juniors to the club; they will be the future members for years to come
- Ensure a regular turnover of new volunteers and officials
- Try and have a mix of recreational, competitive and social activities
- Think about the future and how you can improve your club
- Look to expand facilities as your members grow
- Start new competitions or join new leagues
- Provide more training and coaching for members
These are some of the options for growing your club – you decide!
The most important thing of all - have fun and celebrate your successes!
Becoming involved in the establishment and running of a Badminton club can be highly rewarding. So make sure you don’t forget to take the time out to enjoy it and celebrate all your successes:
- Create your own club competitions and award medals and trophies to the winners
- Keep photographic records of your activities, and publish details in the local newspapers and in your member newsletters
- Organise some social events that bring members together across all abilities
- Host an annual dinner or awards ceremony to provide a focal point for recognising the achievements of your members and your club
- Please click here for tickets to Badminton Ireland's Annual Awards Night.