Starting A Club - Step 3 & 4
Ask for help:
Badminton Ireland and your LSP are here to guide you through the process of starting your new club. You can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Sports Partnership or Council:
- Help you with the hiring or letting of sports facilities, have small grants for new clubs, bursaries for new coaches and their officers may be able to give you practical advice
- Speak to these organisations in the early stages of forming your club as they will prove to be highly useful.
A new club will initially begin with funds subscribed by members; if your club wishes to develop further they may need additional monies and resources. This is not something to worry about as there are a large amount of sources that will be able to help. Highlighted below are some of the sources available to you:
- LSP's, and city and county councils offer funding programmes for sports clubs, voluntary or community organisations, local authorities, schools, colleges and universities
- Check various facilities to get a good rate, try local schools, and consider offering to partner with the school as this could prove a good source of members.
- This summer will mark the launch of Badminton Irelands own Clubmark Program. This may entitile your club to extra support from us.
- Please click here for more information.